Prevention—stopping substance abuse and other risk behaviors before they start—is the cornerstone of Adapt’s Prevention & Education Program. Our work is grounded in the science of prevention and focuses on reducing the risk factors that lead to problem behaviors and increasing the protective factors that support the health and well-being of youth, adults, families and entire communities.
Achieving measurable change to prevent substance abuse and other risk behaviors requires broad community involvement and collective action across all sectors of our community. Our skilled Prevention & Education team works with community members, youth, parents, schools, community organizations, law enforcement and others to educate, empower and encourage young people and adults to choose healthy behaviors.
Our Commitment to Health Equity
- Monitor community health status and risks
- Inform and educate people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action
- Promote diversity and trauma-informed communities
- Offer trainings and technical assistance
What We Offer
- Substance Abuse Prevention & Education
- Suicide Prevention & Education
- Problem Gambling Prevention & Education
- Tobacco Prevention & Education
- Youth Mentoring & Development Programming
How can I get involved?
Contact us to learn how you can help support our work to educate, empower and encourage young people and adults to choose healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
Adapt Prevention & Education
548 SE Jackson St.
Roseburg, OR 97470